[GRASS-user] Horizontal legend font size

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 04:39:47 EDT 2008

Moritz wrote:
> How about making font and fontsize parameters of d.legend,
> so that the user can adjust ?

font is controlled by d.font and GRASS_FONT, so no need to set that from
the module.

I have a dark memory that in the past someone hacked in such an option for fontsize=. Perhaps it was for another module. To avoid feature creep, and keep the module from getting overwhelmingly complicated, I would prefer in the first instance to get the auto-scaling right by default. I think we are close with that. Then the user doesn't have to mess around with a million controls and it forces us to do a better job picking those defaults. If we get it right, they never even consider to change it.

My thoughts on adding new features to ps.map are similar; but neither are
set in stone, I just want to somewhat dampen the hacker urge to have massive .rcfiles everywhere.

shrug,
Hamish