[GRASS-user] Windows GRASS Python GUI problem

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 09:34:45 EDT 2008

Hi!

I followed the advices on this page to install GRASS (WinGRASS 6.3.0-4)
http://grass.itc.it/grass63/binary/mswindows/native

Then i wanted to try the new Python GUI - installed all packages suggested
on this page
http://grass.itc.it/grass63/binary/mswindows/native/#New GRASS Python GUI

And even already added the "Add %PROGRAMFILES%\Python to your PATH system
variable." Everything finished..

Then i followed the sentences describing:
Finally, to start GRASS with the new Python GUI, open the GRASS MSYS
console, type grass63 -wxpython and then enter.

I startet the GRASS MSYS Console (which came installed with GRASS i guess)
but ..
there is no grass63 - only a grass63.bat which is producing (obviously)
windows crap output as i know that .bat is neither known in *NIX nor in
Linux.

So my Question is: Where to find the grass63 which i can start from MSYS
commandline with the -wxpython switch? Or am I on the wrong way here?
I just thought maybe I can give some useful bugreports .. usually I'm also
using Linux - but I try to enthuse my work-colleagues to use also GRASS.
Maybe the company switches someday :)

thanks for any help
regards
Werner