[GRASS-user] Horizontal legend font size

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Aug 14 09:39:37 EDT 2008

Hamish wrote:

> > > How about making font and fontsize parameters of d.legend,
> > > so that the user can adjust ?
>
> Hamish:
> > font is controlled by d.font and GRASS_FONT, so no need to
> > set that from the module.
>

> As a general solution, I wonder if we should add a new enviro var
> GRASS_TEXT_SIZE, which R_text_size() would look for. If it was set
> it would override whatever was passed to that fn. (use for both width
> and height options which are usually the same)

And also GRASS_LINE_WIDTH. And maybe GRASS_FRAME=t,b,l,r. But not text
rotation.

And then change all of these environment variables into GRASS
variables, and provide a d.config program to set/get them.

R_font(), R_text_size(), R_line_width() etc would still exist, but
would only change the settings for the current process, not
persistently.

We probably also want a global scale setting, which would affect
various dimensions which are currently hard-coded, e.g. the size of
axis ticks, etc.