[GRASS-user] 6.3 v.distance description faulty / ll degrees notmeters

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 14 14:12:04 EDT 2008

>> I can confirm 'dist' units are indeed given in decimal degrees in a
>> Lat/Long location in 6.4.

>do you mean 6.3?

No, I meant 6.4, but checking 6.3.1.svn, 'dist' units are decimal
degrees as well.

>From r29568 [1] is distance (in LL locations) given in meters. Manual
>pages in 6.3 should be fixed.

Sorry, I'm a little confused; from the changeset, it appears that v.distance
was being corrected to able to report in meters, as lat and lon are not
equally scaled. So it seems that a bug in v.distance still exists, then?
Shouldn't r29568 have fixed this?

~ Eric.