[GRASS-user] displaying volumes from xyz vector in nviz

ian summers i.summers at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 13:13:42 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I have a vector point file and have tried to run the program v.to.rast3 though in the 'column name' section I am unsure what to enter? the column attributes for the data are as follows.
> INTEGER/cat> INTEGER/Id> DOUBLE PRECISION/X> DOUBLE PRECISION/Y> DOUBLE PRECISION/Z

I have tried entering cat, id and z in this box but in the output I receive the message 'position not in queue'.

I have also tried to create the volume using r.to.rast3 and though it appears as though a file is created when it comes to display in nviz only a plain 2D white tile appears. The values in my Z column are negative as I am modelling a lake.  I am unsure whether this holds any bearing on outcome.

Hope someone can help.

Ian Summers