[GRASS-user] GRASS temp directory...

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Aug 20 22:04:29 EDT 2008

Jonathan Greenberg wrote:
> I'm curious -- where does GRASS write its temporary files, and how would
> I change this if I wanted to?  Thanks!
>
> --j

What OS are you on? It looks to me like it uses

So you can edit to change the $tmp variable
/usr/lib/grass/etc/Init.sh

Or you can use the example you see there to issue some bash commands
once Grass is open (not sure if this works) -
GISRC = /path/you/want
export GISRC
Or you might need to specify it as a commandline option on Grass Launch
see man grass

Here's where I got the hint
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-June/024052.html

Alex