[GRASS-user] Automate way for filling category labels

Christian Schwartze Christian.Schwartze at uni-jena.de
Fri Aug 22 05:12:06 EDT 2008

Hi GRASS users,

I was wondering if I do somewhat right all the time... There is r.in.gdal what I
use for the import of a geotiff. Basically the entries for the labels of the
cats are empty after the import. So I do some pipelining combined with awk,
like:

r.stats -n input=img | awk '{print $1,\" = \",$1,$1;}' | r.reclass input=img
output=img_new"

So the labels are filled with the category, that works fine and I need the
non-empty labels in further steps, e.g. in r.statistics.
It seems to me a little bit tricky but I found no other solution..., what do you
think?

Regards,
Christian.