[GRASS-user] patching dem at different resolution

Silvia Simoni silvia.simoni at ing.unitn.it
Wed Aug 27 06:21:21 EDT 2008

Hi grass users,

I have 4 dem, 2 are 1x1 m resolution and 2 are 2x2 m a resolution;  I
'd like to have just one global dem 2x2 m resolution.
If I import the data with their native resolution then I set the
region to the total area with a resolution of 2x2 (g.region -a res=2
rast=dem1, dem2, dem3, dem4) and run r.patch, do I get consistent
results? Would I get more precise results if I resampled the 1x1dem to
2x2 before running r.patch?

thanks

silvia
Silvia Simoni PhD
DICA - Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Universita' di Trento
via Mesiano 77, 38100 Trento, ITALY
tel. +39 0461 882610
fax. +39 0461 882672