Re: [GRASS-user] Elevation profile from intersecting shapefiles‏

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 04:40:17 EST 2008

Hello Georg,
first - I suggest You to get a copy of GRASS book. It's really good
reading for beginner.

Second - as I noted, v.profile is a new GRASS Add-on [1]. You can
compile it from source only. It requires GRASS 6.4 or 7 (both
unreleased). v.profile README file contains short note how to install
it.

"segmentation faults" on recent Ubuntu version(s?) is a known issue.
IIRC best solution was recompiling GRASS and GDAL from source... You
can search trac and ML archive to see more.

Maris.

1. http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/vector/v.profile