[GRASS-user] new user question about mapsets, locations, and coordinate systems

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Dec 7 21:30:49 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 17:57 -0800, Hamish wrote:
[...]
> > For the DATABASE parameter, is GRASS smart enough to add on
> > the LOCATION directory.
>
> ? not sure I understand the question. a single "database" (where you
> keep
> all your grass data) can contain many locations.

Hamish, if you got the time, could you extend a bit more on that.

I don't remember right now what I did some time ago and mixed my
database(s) vs. LOCATION(s). Since then I decided to use separate
database(s) files (sqlite.db's for example) to avoid mixing original and
edited data.

Any *best practice* suggestion?
[...]

Kind regards, Nikos