[GRASS-user] Re: Landsat data archive now free

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 07:27:10 EST 2008

Hi,

1 - on opening GRASS GIS, select create location from georeferenced file
2 - use r.in.gdal to import in GRASS GIS.
3 - in grass/add-ons look for any of these to correct from radiance to
reflectance at top of atmoshpere
- raster/i.landsat.toar
- gipe/i.dn2full.l5
- gipe/i.dn2full.l7

4 - use i.atcorr too correct top of atmosphere to surface reflectance.

good luck!
Yann

2008/12/12 Richard Chirgwin <rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au>:

>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:13:36 +0000
>> From: Corrado <ct529 at york.ac.uk>
>> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] LANDSAT data archive now free
>> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>>
>> Dear grasslings,
>>
>> I was not able to understand whether there was any information provided with
>> the images, or only the images.
>>
>> Best,
>>

> I have this dreadful feeling I'm going to expose my essential thickness
> here but ...
>
> It provides TIFFs and metadata in text files; is there an easy way to
> use these to import directly into a suitable location, or do I have to
> import-and-rectify?
>
> Richard C

Yann Chemin
International Rice Research Institute