[GRASS-user] r.mapcalc in ssh session

Hufkens Koen koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Sun Dec 14 06:15:39 EST 2008

Hi list,

this weekend I ssh'd in computer to let some processes run in the background so I have my results tommorow.

However my script crashes on a strange error related to r.mapcalc. I tried some r.mapcalc commands within the ssh'd GRASS session and I get the same error.

for example:

r.mapcalc amap=pnm bmap=pbl4 formula=A*B outfile=test --overwrite
syntax error, unexpected NAME, expecting $end
Parse error

both a and b maps exist, and the script runs as it should when using the GUI. I really can't get my head around this one.

I found some reference to the problem in the archives, but it was all technical mambo jambo and it did not offer any solution to the problem (or not that I could figure out anyway).

Is there a solution or workaround for this problem because this severly limits the use of GRASS in my setup?

Kind regards,
Koen