[GRASS-user] most recent kyngesburye build for osx tiger error FIXED

Brandon M. Gabler bgabler at email.arizona.edu
Fri Dec 19 13:33:57 EST 2008

Thanks a bunch all who wrote back - I installed the new GDAL 1.5.3
from Kyngesburye's site, reinstalled GRASS, fired right up and
successfully loaded some maps. All is well with the world. So, this
does indeed fix the GRASS GUI. And since it worked, I did not perform
further investigation into the actual problem (checking g.region from
terminal, etc.). If you're curious, I could roll back GDAL, but I
don't think I actually want to do that... :)

I still get that same garble in the startup phase, but without any
resulting problems, so I'm not going to mess with anything at this
point.

Also, I'll ditto the same thanks issued by Michael regarding your
builds. Not only is it nice to have all of the frameworks easily
accessible all from your page by clicking in order down the site, but
you've always been quick in addressing problems we have. Thanks again!

Best,
Brandon