[GRASS-user] copying mouse location to clipboard in gis.m

pete davidson caitifty at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 15:56:54 EST 2008

Hi all

In gis.m, as you mouse over a map, the current easting and northing is
displayed in the lower right hand corner of the map window.  This makes it
easy to, for example, find the coordinates of an intersection on a street
map by simply moving the cursor over the intersection and writing down the
coordinates.

My problem is, is there any way to copy those coordinates to the clipboard
with a keystroke command so they can be pasted somewhere else, rather than
having to write them down by hand?  I've tried the usual ctrl-c / ctrl-x
kind of things with the Pointer, Query, and Measure tools selected, but
nothing I try seems to put anything on the clipboard.

Does anyone know the answer to this one (or is there another way to do this
using v.digit or something similar?)

Here's a link to a screenshot with the coordinate box highlighted in case I
haven't been clear:

https://php10.ucsf.edu/ufostudy/transfer/screenshot.html

Many thanks in advance

Peter Davidson