[GRASS-user] GRASS starts but nothing visible

Reno Bladergroen Rbladergroen at tele2allin.be
Mon Feb 4 09:24:17 EST 2008

Hi,

I am a first time user of grass. I installed grass on a PowerbookG4 Mac OS
10.5 system, which went successful. I also downloaded the tutorial
environment files, made a database folder etc. Now when I start grass I can
chose which environment and mapset to use. When I click one (spearfish
example) several windows are opened but I don't see anything... just blank
windows with buttons.
Then I uninstalled version 6.3 and installed 6.0 through finkcommander.
Maybe that would suit more to my system (G4). I started GRASS again, chose a
new environment, imported a GeoTIFF file successfully, but same problem
exists!

Please help?? I'm trying to find a working GIS package for weeks now. Also
tried OSSIM, which doesn't work either. Getting kind of desperate...

Thanks,

Reno