[GRASS-user] GRASS and linking postgres tables to spatial layers

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Feb 4 09:28:39 EST 2008

Hey Folks,

I have imported a shape file of polygons representing canadian
provinces. I also have a list of projects that have a particular dollar
value attributed to them.

I would like to create a map that can classify each province by totla
dolar value of all projects. Each classification would have a dollar
range associated with a color.

Alternative would be to do pie charts or other graphics to easily
examplify the distribution of money amongst provinces.

I am thinking that I have to link the GRASS data with a postgres table.

I looked in the GRASS book (2nd ed) and thorugh the wiki and man pages.
No hints.

Any ideas?