[GRASS-user] Search and Rescue Volunteer Groups

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Feb 5 15:31:13 EST 2008

Sometimes all you need is a project name.

The link bellow is busted, but it did not take long to find the new home
here
http://openises.sourceforge.net/tickets/ema_software_tickets_01.html

They look organized and present well. I am breaking in to their mailing
list for intros and stir up some interest.

Perhaps a crew of other people interested in some projects. The
challenge will become avoiding duplication. Maybe code from other
projects can combine... Ahhh the linux way.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: grass-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:grass-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Curt, WE7U
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 13:34
To: Sampson, David
Cc: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: RE: [GRASS-user] Search and Rescue Volunteer Groups

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Sampson, David wrote:

> I am working with a local SAR group that is planning a GIS or mapping
> solution for APRIL 1, 2008.  thye have some internal experinece with a

> comercial software
>
> http://www.touratech.com/shops/001/index.php?cPath=18_127
>
> I am trying to piece together an approach to do the same with open
> Source and having a spot in the workflow with GRASS.

You already know about Xastir for APRS/mapping and E-gads for other
pieces of the puzzle.  Here's another open-source application to check
out, it might give you some more ideas about how GRASS might fit in.
I've been meaning to check it out myself but haven't gotten to it yet.
Something like the below note gets posted to SAR_APRS periodically (this
one was message #483 to that list):

----------------------------------
  Free/Open Source CAD Software

  Folks, a new version of Tickets, our free/Open Source CAD software
  is now available. Its features include APRS interface, tracking,
  mapping, driving directions, etc., etc. ... . It's in beta, and in
  the hands of about two-dozen folks right now.

  Kick the tires at http://kolamiannapolis.org/tickets/ - There's a
  guest login available there.

  If interested, contact me via the email link there, and I'll get
  information back to you re a download.

  Arnie Shore
  Annapolis, MD