[GRASS-user] Search and Rescue Volunteer Groups

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Feb 7 10:08:03 EST 2008

Thanks for the links.

I was also recently introduced to the concept of AGENT BASED MODELING
(ABM). Does GRASS have this feature?.

I created a section on the wiki relating GRASS and ABM. Any references
to modukles would be great there

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/mediawiki/mediawiki_svn/index.php?title=Sea
rch_and_Rescue

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: grass-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:grass-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Markus Neteler
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:27
To: Sampson, David
Cc: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Search and Rescue Volunteer Groups

On Feb 4, 2008 3:24 PM, Sampson, David <dsampson at nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:
> I'm looking for people that either use GRASS or would like to use
> GRASS as a part of a mapping solution for volunteer search and rescue
groups.

> Any links to case articles would be great too.

Here two more citations:

* Ciolli M., Vitti A., Mengon L., Zatelli P., Zottele F., "A GIS-based
decision support system for the management of SAR operations in mountain
areas".  Geomatics workbooks, 2006, v. 6, URL:
http://geomatica.como.polimi.it/workbooks/n6/articoli/sar_geomatics.pdf

* Ciolli M., Mengon L., Vitti A., Zatelli P., Zottele F., "A GIS-based
FOSS decision support system for the management of SAR operations in
mountain areas". Contributo a "FOSS4G2006 - Free And Open Source
Software for Geoinformatics", Losanna, Svizzera, 11-15 settembre 2006.
=49&confId=1

Markus