[GRASS-user] Highlight Panel in NVIZ

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 17:42:33 EST 2008

> Aldo Clerici:
> > can somebody tell me what the Highlight Panel in NVIZ is for?
> > Which objects are affected by this panel setting?

unfortunately there is no panel_highlight.html help page, but here is
what is listed in the code:

6.2.1/visualization/nviz/scripts/panel_highlight.tcl
#* PURPOSE:   Creates a "highlight" panel and manages
#*            color/size/marker highligh values and enabing for
#*            "default" highlight request (see
site_highlight_commands.c
#*            for details and "nviz/README.ACS")

6.2.1/visualization/nviz/src/site_highlight_commands.c
 *
 *    Sites depending commands
 *
 *    Nsite_highlight "what" "site_id" "cat" ["value"]
 *       - highlights a specific geopoint -
 *      what = color/size/marker/default
 *            default: panel highlight type and values are used instead
of "value"
 *      site_id = (string range map_name 5 end)
 *      cat = DB category associated to the specific geopoint
 *      [value] (optional) = #rrggbb for color
 *                           float for size
 *                           int for marker
 *              when omitted default value is used
 *
 *    Nsite_highlight_list "what" "site_id" "catlist" ["value"]
 *       - highlights a list of geopoints -
 *      what = color/size/marker/default
 *            default: panel highlight type and values are used instead
of "value"
 *      site_id = (string range map_name 5 end)
 *      catlist = list of DB category associated to the each geopoint
 *      [value] (optional) = #rrggbb for color
 *                           float for size
 *                           int for marker
 *              when omitted default value is used
 *
 *
 *    Nsite_unhighlight "what" "site_id" "cat"
 *       - unhighlights a specific geopoint -
 *      what = color/size/marker
 *      site_id = (string range map_name 5 end)
 *      cat = DB category associated to the specific geopoint
 *
 *    Nsite_unhighlight_list "what" "site_id" "catlist"
 *       - unhighlights a list of geopoints -
 *      what = color/size/marker/default
 *            default: panel highlight type and values are used instead
of "value"
 *      site_id = (string range map_name 5 end)
 *      catlist = list of DB category associated to the each geopoint
 *
 *    Nsite_unhighlight_all "what" "site_id"
 *       - unhighlights all site geopoints -
 *      what = color/size/marker/all
 *             all: unhighlights color, size and marker
 *      site_id = (string range map_name 5 end)
 *
 *
 *    Sites independent commands (for panel_highlight.tcl)
 *
 *    Nsite_highlight_set_default "what" "value"
 *       - sets highlight default type -
 *      what = color/size/marker
 *      value = 1/0 (1: turns ON / 0 turns OFF color/size/marker
highlight)
 *
 *    Nsite_highlight_get_default "what"
 *       - returns highlight default type -
 *      what = color/size/marker
 *
 *    Nsite_highlight_set_default_value "what" "value"
 *       - sets highlight default value -
 *      what = color/size/marker
 *      value = color/size/marker value to set
 *
 *    Nsite_highlight_get_default_value "what"
 *       - returns highlight default value -
 *      what = color/size/marker

Michael Barton wrote:
> Puzzled, I just looked at NVIZ. There isn't a highlight panel in the
> current version of NVIZ. Which version of GRASS are you using?

Probably 6.2.x:

http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/visualization/nviz/scripts/Attic/panel_highlight.tcl
Revision 1.2 , Mon Nov 20 (14 months, 2 weeks ago)
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: HEAD
FILE REMOVED
"panel_highlight.tcl and panel_pick.tcl have been replaced by
new combined panel_vquery.tcl."

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_2/visualization/nviz/scripts
 (how to easily find deleted file svn history with trac?)

Hamish