[GRASS-user] r.drain documentation

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 02:15:36 EST 2008

Hi,
You are right - r.drain will NOT give sane results at region boundary.
Here is snippet from filldir.c:107:
/* determine the flow direction in each cell.  On outer rows and columns
 * the flow direction is always directly out of the map */

It's a questionable what action r.drain should take if draining
process reaches map/region edge and there are reasonable arguments
that support current behaviour.  Definitely it must be reflected in
documentation and probably there could be printed some warning if
draining process fails over the edge :)

Maris.