[GRASS-user] r.sim.water and Spearfish60 sample data

roberto caselli roberto.caselli at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 18 13:41:33 EST 2008

I tested r.out.ascii module on "elevation.dem_depth" raster file made by spearfish.sh script I downloaded from that link (without edit it). I read that r.sim.water writes depth values in meters:

"depth             =name
Output water depth       raster file [m]. "

but the values I found in the file made by r.out.ascii seem to be too high. Here some of these values:

12.234228
31.571856
23.650991
4.344591
3.281323
2.84742
3.417606
5.154603

Maybe are they in millimeters?
Thank you for your help!

Roberto

Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> ha scritto: roberto caselli wrote:
> I installed Xubuntu on my notebook with GRASS6.2.2 (from the
> repository) and I tested spearfish.sh with good results!! Thank you
> very much for your suggestions and support!!

congrats.

> PS: I saw that elevation.dem_depth is the raster with the water
> depths in each cell. How can I see the values of these water depths?

d.legend, d.histogram, d.rast.what, d.rast.num, r.univar, r.what,
r.out.ascii, r.out.xyz (r.stats), ..

Hamish

Be a better friend, newshound, and