[GRASS-user] Cygwin fail to start up

Kirsty Ferris kirsty.ferris at gardline.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 09:56:48 EST 2008

I am trying to install GRASS 6.2.3 on windows XP.
I ran through the set up from cygwin.com and followed the instructions.
I believe it has installed as the grass directory is located under the
cygwin/usr/ directory.
My problem is I do not seem to be able to run cygwin.  Using the
shortcut or cmd line flashes the cmd line window up and then it
disappears.
It is not in the task manager so I assume it is failing on start up.

This is a first time GRASS installation for me so I apologise if this is
a user error.  I have searched the archives.

Thanks in advance
Kirsty