[GRASS-user] polygon random partition

bks at centrum.cz bks at centrum.cz
Tue Feb 19 15:11:09 EST 2008

Hi,

sorry for asking once more...

I need to partition input polygon into more pieces (polygons).
The areas of the pieces should correspond to the information
given in the attribute table of the input polygon(s).
Spatial distribution of the pieces (i.e. output polygons) is random.

The input polygon(s) contains mixture of (e.g. landuse) types and there are
columns with their area proportions (e.g. 10% wood, 20% pasture, 70% field)
in attribute table.  Then, I need 3 randomly situated polygons (wood, pasture, field)
with area proportions of  10, 20, 70% of the input polygons.

Don't  you have any ideas?

Stanislav