[GRASS-user] Projection of dataset does not appear to match the current location!!!

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 04:53:37 EST 2008

Kunal Malik píše v St 20. 02. 2008 v 13:03 +0530:
> HI !!
> If i don't know the Projection Information of the File to be
> Imported,could i import the raster/vector file available..
>
>  i am Trying to display  one raster image  kept on my harddisk. I have
> kept spearfish60 on /usr/local/grassdata
> so I set Location . spearfish60

why didn't you just create new location ?

>  I have made one user user1 then i set Mapset: user1..

could I ask you, how "you did" the user1 ?

>  then i start grass ,,
>  the n throu command
>  r.in.gdal -e in=nf42.tif out=tm
>  then i am getting the error,.,,
>
>  Projection of dataset does not  appear to match the current
> location!!!
>  I have tried the same thru GIS manager,,,
>  file->import->Raster->multiple formats using gdal..

if your data are not from spearfish60 region and with the same map
projection, then they should not be imported to the spearfish60
location. you should better create new location with map projection,
that corresponds with the projection of your map.

jachym