[GRASS-user] automating map production in Grass

Alysson Whitlam alysson.whitlam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:08:00 EST 2008

Hi,

I am just beginning to work with Grass, although I am fairly experienced
with ArcGIS, including scripting for map production and geoprocessing
(Python and VBA). Basically, I am looking to automate map production in
Grass, using a script (Python or Perl preferably?). (I have to output
several hundred maps, based on sections of a polygon layer). Since I am just
beginning to use Grass, I am wondering if anyone could please give me an
idea if this type of task can be accomplished in Grass.

Thanks very much,
Alysson