[GRASS-user] Questions: Clipping polygon layer to the outer boundary of another layer...

Rick Reeves reeves at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 22 11:53:02 EST 2008

Thanks Hamish - This Worked Great.

Hey, while I am writing, can you recommend any GRASS methods for
cleaning line feature
topology, besides v.clean? I am trying to repair a lot of missed
connections in the USGS
NHP2 stream network data so that I can accurately compute stream
distances with v.net.path.

At this point I may be forced to resort to Arc GIS Network Analyst to
diagnose the problems,
but would MUCH rather use the GRASS tools.

A final question: Is anyone aware of a version of the NHP stream dataset
that HAS been
cleaned and repaired to support distance calculations? This would not be
a trivial task,
even for portions of the dataset.

Thanks,
Rick R