[GRASS-user] circular pallete?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Feb 25 15:17:01 EST 2008

>does anyone know how I can draw a circular colorscale? maybe using
>some illustration program, saving as eps? The intent id to draw a
>circular colorscale for aspect maps, so it would look nicer than a
>rectangular one.

d.histogram can get you part of the way there by drawing a pie chart,
but it would be nice to turn off the drawing of labels, titles, etc.
I find I can never get that stuff to print nice in an x-mon: (see attached)

I could be wrong, but I think Michael or Martin might have mentioned
that this ability might be native to the wxpython gui (?)

~ Eric.