[GRASS-user] complex reclass / r.reclass segmentation fault

Koen Hufkens koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Tue Feb 26 05:27:18 EST 2008

Hi list,

I have a problem with r.reclass.

I received a file with 2300 different integer class values in a raster
format. However every one of these 2300 different integer values is
actually a combination of main and subclasses. As I am only interested
in the main classes I used a lookup table to determine how I had to
group the classes according to my interest.

I made r.reclass rules file like:

1 2 3 6 9 ... 450 123 456 ... = 1
3 4 10 ... 325 698 ... = 2
11 12 23 54 ... 654 789 222 = 3
end

The file was created using the exported sorted values from an exell
sheet, removing the endlines and replacing them with spaces to convert
from a column to a row in text format using

tr -s '\n' ' ' < class1 > temp1

and copy pasting the temp1 files with the '= foo' statement at the end
to the final rules file.

However, this results in a segmentation fault if I run the rule with
r.reclass.file.

Running r.reclass.file on the same raster dataset with an arbitrary rule
1 thru 1000 = 1
1000 thru 2000 = 2
end

does not result in a segmentation fault.

Now I know I use alot of values (2300 of them in the reclass rule) but
could this be the cause of the segmentation fault. Anything I have to
look out for when creating such long rules (new lines, carriage returns
etc etc). Any clues?

Kind regards,
Koen