[GRASS-user] thoughts on v.transform

Ravinder Singh Bhalla bhalla at feralindia.org
Fri Feb 29 04:30:18 EST 2008

Hi All,
I just went through the painful process of fixing a badly geo-referenced
vector against another vector. I used v.transform and a correspondence
file to do the work. The module works really well. However I wonder
whether it would be possible to modify the existing geo-referencing
plugin or a vector equivalent of i.points to facilitate the process of
creating a correspondence file for one vector against another?
This would make the job much easier and also allow users to check up RMS
errors and drop offending points.
Thanks,
rsb