[GRASS-user] gdal-grass

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 1 16:05:10 EST 2008

Gary,

since I am a lazy person, I have made this a script:
http://mpa.itc.it/markus/useful/conf_install_gdal_ogr_grass_plugin.sh

this may help you. It compiles and installs the plugin right away from
the GDAL source code, you don't even have to download the
separate plugin code (which is really just taken from the GDAL
source code).

Maybe that helps,
Markus

On Jan 1, 2008 9:49 PM, gary <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:
> I have tried pointing to where:
> 1) the tarball was extracted
> 2) the directory lib, contained in the directory where the tarball was
> extracted
> 3) a directory called grass-6.2.3, which was created in /usr/local
> 4) the directory lib in the above directory
>
> That is:
> 1) /usr/local/src/grass/grass-6.2.3
> 2) /usr/local/src/grass/grass-6.2.3/lib
> 3) /usr/local/grass-6.2.3
> 4) /usr/local/grass-6.2.3/lib
>
> The error message is
> configuration error --with-grass= blah blah blah libraries not found
>

> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> > gary wrote:
> >> Is this supposed to point to where I extract the grass tarball?
> >
> > Yes. Eg. --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.3.svn
> >
> > Maciek

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://www.osgeo.org/
http://www.grassbook.org/