[GRASS-user] How to grep basic statistics from a vector ascii (x, y, z) file and export in a new ascii?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 12:47:34 EST 2008

you could use R with the Rgdal [1] package. You read the LIDAR file
and then simply a function like this:

import your data attirubting them to "your_Dataframe" with something like:

# your_Dataframe<-readGDAL(filename,drivername)

You could retrieve the drivernames with gdalDrivers()

# row_MAX<-your_Dataframe[your_Dataframe$z==max(your_Dataframe$z),]

row_MAX is now a vector containing the coordinates and the z value of
the mazimum z.

Giovanni

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Descriptions/rgdal.html