[GRASS-user] simple way to join some attribute data w/o geometries

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jan 8 03:58:25 EST 2008

Thanks Markus and Moritz for your input.

I will look into your suggestions.
The reason I need this information is that a colleague
of mine is preparing some simple GIS tutorials where he
wants to outline some basic data processing.

He wants to have a text for ArcGIS and another for
GRASS (and QGIS), both showing the same operations.
It is meant for GIS beginners.

So the problem is that an optimal solution is not so
much about performance or flexibility (which can be
had with SQLite, no doubt) but showing people that
there are straight-forward solutions for doing things
in GRASS that they are accustomed to in ArcGIS.

The solution for this needs to be simple and should
not involve too much data conversion or the use of
external tools and drivers that may not be present
in the GRASS/QGIS download bundle ...

Best,

Benjamin

--