[GRASS-user] Evapotranspiration calculation

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:11:29 EST 2008

Hi Niels,

I'm doing some ET estimates with GRASS but using a water balance
approach, that is, first I calculate Potential ET from temperature
images (that could come from satellite). Then, using precipitation and
the PET I do a basic water-balance calculation using the classical
Thornthwaite-Matter model.

If that's of interest to anyone, I could send the scripts I use. Just
have to warn that it's very sloppy code, made so I can do the work and
not worrying about cleaness...

Daniel