[GRASS-user] problem in r.out.gdal for idrisi

temiz temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Thu Jan 10 09:43:56 EST 2008

Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> You got RST support? What is the output of:
>
> gdalinfo --formats | grep RST
>
> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 13:19 +0000, temiz wrote:
>
>> hello
>>
>> I need to export grass raster to idrisi (RST) format.
>>
>> when I enter :
>>
>> GRASS 6.3.cvs (bartin):~ > r.out.gdal input=asp1_cat at orkun format=RST
>> type=Int16 output=/usr/local/loc0/mercan/aspusgs
>>
>> I got same error message : with various type option :
>>
>> ERROR 4: `/usr/local/loc0/mercan/aspusgs' not recognised as a supported
>> file format.
>>
>> ERROR: Cannot create [/usr/local/loc0/mercan/aspusgs] dataset using [RST]
>>        driver.
>>

>> how can I solve the problem ?
>>

>> regards

thank you

hello

1. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  gdalinfo --formats | grep RST
  RST (rw+): Idrisi Raster A.1

2.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GRASS 6.2.1 (bartin):~ > r.out.gdal input=asp1_cat at orkun format=RST
output=/usr/local/loc0/mercan/asp_idrisi

Error: value <RST> out of range for parameter <format>
       Legal range:
AAIGrid,BMP,BSB,DTED,ELAS,ENVI,FIT,GIF,GTiff,HFA,JPEG,MEM,MFF,MFF2,NITF,PAux,PNG,PNM,VRT,XPM

 Exports GRASS raster data into various formats (requires GDAL)

Usage:
 r.out.gdal [-l] [input=string] [format=string] [type=string]
   [output=string] [createopt=string[,string,...]]
   [metaopt=string[,string,...]]

Flags:
  -l   list supported output formats

Parameters:
      input   Name of input raster map
     format   GIS format to write (case sensitive, see also -l flag)
AAIGrid,BMP,BSB,DTED,ELAS,ENVI,FIT,GIF,GTiff,HFA,JPEG,
                       MEM,MFF,MFF2,NITF,PAux,PNG,PNM,VRT,XPM
              default: GTiff
       type   file type
Byte,Int16,UInt16,UInt32,Int32,Float32,Float64,CInt16,
                       CInt32,CFloat32,CFloat64
     output   Name of output file
  createopt   creation option to the output format driver. Multiple
options may be listed
    metaopt   metadata key passed on the output dataset if possible

Do I need to recompile the grass ?

believed to be clean.