[GRASS-user] Running two instances of GRASS

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Thu Jan 10 09:15:22 EST 2008

Yes, you can.

Any software that allows you to mess up its own running processes
by starting it twice should be ashamed of calling itself modular.
I think GRASS is an example of a modular software that works
very well.

Daniel Victoria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Simple and stupid question. Can I run two instances of GRASS on a
> machine on DIFERENT location and mapset?
>
> I've been running r.watershed for 3 days now and I need to do some
> stuff on another grass location but I'm afraid to mess up the
> r.watershed process
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany