[GRASS-user] Infos about TOPMODEL and contact to Huidae Cho

Philipp Steigenberger oopopanaxx at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 11 08:10:39 EST 2008

Hi there,
for my thesis in geography I'm working with GRASS and have to figure
something out about TOPMODEL resp. r.topmodel.
On http://geni.ath.cx/r.topmodel.html
I read:

/Beven et al. (1995) wrote "TOPMODEL is not a hydrological modelling
package. It is rather a set of conceptual tools that can be used to
reproduce the hydrological behaviour of catchments in a distributed or
semi-distributed way, in particular the dynamics of surface or
subsurface contributing areas."/

/*Huidae Cho wrote r.topmodel for his Master's thesis in 2000* with the
help of the original TOPMODEL source code (TMOD9502.FOR) and [...]./

For me to understand the r.topmodel process it would be nice to get
access to this Masters thesis, so I'm looking for a contact to *Huidae
Cho*.
Anyone knows him or has any contact ... or maybe you read this by
yourself ;o)

Additional I'm looking for all TOPMODEL resp. r.topmodel -stuff I can get.
The following links I already have (I have some pdf's more, but not at
hand). Do you know any other description, especially in German?

*Topography-based hydrological modelling in the Elbe drainage basin
*http://www.pik-potsdam.de/research/past/1994-2000/ragtime/hydro/publications/dmw1/index_html

RECENT GIS-BASED LAND SURFACE/SUBSURFACE MODELING APPLICATIONS
http://ncgia.ucsb.edu/conf/SANTA_FE_CD-ROM/sf_papers/wilson_john/wilson.html

Topmodel freeware
http://www.es.lancs.ac.uk/hfdg/freeware/hfdg_freeware_top.htm

Evaluation of TOPMODEL
http://www3.bae.ncsu.edu/Regional-Bulletins/Modeling-Bulletin/TOPMODEL.html

Effect of Spatial Scale on Hydrologic Modeling in a Headwater Catchment
http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-020299-165300/unrestricted/FEDAK.PDF

Untersuchung unterschiedlicher Flächendiskretisierungs- und
Modellierungskonzepte
für die hydrologische Modellierung am Beispiel Thüringer Vorfluter
http://www.db-thueringen.de/servlets/DerivateServlet/Derivate-1091/Dissertation.pdf

http://www.hydro.uni-bayreuth.de/lehre/files/LVDetail90/TOPMODEL.pdf (de)

Effect of Spatial Scale on Hydrologic Modeling in a Headwater Catchment
http://edoc.ub.uni-muenchen.de/2116/1/Taschner_Stefan_.pdf

greez and thanx a lot

OM shantih
Philipp Steigenberger