[GRASS-user] "Classic" morphometric feature analysis

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jan 15 20:07:16 EST 2008

While I like the generality of the fitted r.param.scale algorithm
(indeed, it is used in other software packages as well) to classify
various morphometric features, I am trying to find a tool which uses
more classic, 3x3 moving window approaches to classify features, e.g. a
peak looks like:

o o o
o x o
o o o   if x is the largest number; a ridge looks like

x o o        o x o
o x o   or  o x o  or ... (and so on)
o o x        o x o

Does grass contain these older approaches to classifying topographic
features hiding in some command?  Thanks!

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar