[GRASS-user] About .mdb geo-data base file format... please some information about alternative file formats!

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 16 19:03:02 EST 2008

I am (a bit) surprised that the EEA offers geo-data only in ESRI
shapefiles and .mdb (which is, if I am not wrong, closed source format).

I am willing to request an asnwer from the EEA people about "why only
closed source" and also in other formats? Is it so much work to do?

I remember there was a thread in the GRASS user list about open source
standarts (file formats, etc).

Thank you,

Nikos.
--