[GRASS-user] When starting grass in text mode, why... ? (Question of minor importance)

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Jan 16 22:36:19 EST 2008

> Why does it apper twice?

>or why even once?
>some command called by Init.sh or .grass.bashrc is trying to run
>something outside of its permissions?? GRASS should never need more
>than user permission after installation.

>what kind of system is this on?

The later versions of Ubuntu have been using dash instead of bash, and these messages started printing
on Ubuntu machines around the same time. I get it printing on both my Ubuntu 7.10's. I believe it's a dash issue, not a Grass issue; there was a thread about this sometime a while back in the archives, I think, but I can't find it now.

~ Eric.