[GRASS-user] How to list all unique pixel values (of a raster) covered by polygons (areas) for each polygon separately(?)

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:42:31 EST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 4:30 PM, <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> How can I get listed all unique pixel values enclosed in
> each of the polygons I digitised (and for which the univ.
> stats are calculated)?

Can't you just rasterise your polygons, and use that as a mask with
r.mapcalc? You can loop around in your shell. I tend to do that with python,
but it's similar in GRASS. You can also try starspan. Or.... <
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Aggregate_Values>

Cheers,
Jose

--
Centre for Terrestrial Carbon Dynamics
Department of Geography, University College London