[GRASS-user] How to create DEM from shp file?

Ardiansyah aa57403 at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Jan 24 08:45:26 EST 2008

I need suggestions.

I used v.to.rast to convert vector in shp file. I assigned one colomn
(elevation) in database as value of  pixels.
It works well. Then to make it surface, I use r.surf.contour and it took
very long time (more than 5 hours) until I finally
canceled it.

Question : How long the r.surf.contour is running normally ?
How to make certain resolution in that command. I want my DEM map will
have 30mx30m resolution as landsat image.

Thank you all..

Ard