[GRASS-user] online documentation is off

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 24 17:29:44 EST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 11:12 PM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's happened to the online documentation? It appears to be off from this
> afternoon.
> http://netmirror.org/mirror/grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/full_index.html

We have yesterday moved grass.osgeo.org physically to download.osgeo.org
which gives the advantage of having better ssh access to the machine. The
manuals are now back to the old directory position:

 http://grass.osgeo.org/grass62/manuals/html62_user/
 http://grass.osgeo.org/grass63/manuals/html63_user/

I have fixed the links on the server accordingly. It needs 1-2 days to propagate
to all  mirrors.

The change is needed since grass.itc.it is now being switched to mirror
mode with http://grass.osgeo.org as new master site (where also binaries
are built and the programmers manual; it is also the new rsync master for tier-1
mirrors).

Sorry for no earlier announcement, we changed things in a sort of
emergency activity yesterday evening, and I cleaned up today.
The page
 http://grass.osgeo.org/gdp/manuals.php

is updated to the new/old location of the manual pages. Also other
relevant pages have been fixed. Please watch out for further broken links.

cheers,
Markus