[GRASS-user] Inverse PCA in GRASS

Andreas Philipp andreas.philipp at geo.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Jan 25 01:39:02 EST 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 24.01.2008, 17:23 -0800 schrieb Dylan Beaudette:
> On Thursday 24 January 2008, Brad Douglas wrote:

> > > Good that the examples still work. Is there a general feeling toward
> > > _not_ introducing Fortran code back into the dev branch?
> >
> > +1.  More trouble that it's worth.  Please add C port to the TODO list.
>
> Hmm..
>
> While I agree in principle that having code from more than 1 lang can be a
> pain to manage, I do like the approach used in R where numerous langs are
> supported.

Just a comment, I have in my mind for years now:
introducing FORTRAN again would be great benefit to GRASS (really never
understood why it was excluded), since fortran90 is a very common (and
easy) language in geo sciences! Some things are really a pain in c.
gfortran is available and is perfectly working together with gcc (other
compiler collections also have a fortran compiler working together with
c). Especially the modular architecture of GRASS should it make possible
to avoid compiling problems, isn't it?

Andreas