[GRASS-user] Snap across layers

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:37:07 EST 2008

Markus Neteler ha scritto:
> hi Luca,
>
> - v.edit does it:
>       bgmap   Name of background vector map(s) snap to
> - the new digitizer in wxgrass does it (not yet enabled by default)
>
> Cheers
> Markus
>
> On Jan 28, 2008 3:29 PM, Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> anyone knows if is possible to do snap across different layers in Grass 6.3?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Luca

Hi Markus and thanks for your answer.

Before moving to my data, I am doing some tests with 2 vector layers:

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=schermatamapdisplay1vp5.png

Basically the small one, should snap to the bigger one.
The command line I use is this:

v.edit map=origine bgmap=destinazione cat=1-999 tool=snap thresh=-1

But nothing change.

In the log I have got a lot of line like this, both if i set thresh -1
or 500
[..]
D1/1: Vect_set_thresh(): thresh = 0.000000
[..]

Thanks for your help

Luca