[GRASS-user] Problems with v.to.db and v.db.addcol

Niels Thevs nt001582 at uni-greifswald.de
Wed Jan 30 03:01:47 EST 2008

I tried the v.to.db (Windows-Grass) again. Today no error message came
out. But, with the default settings these messages came out:

v.to.db map=training_area_2_x_unsupervised_class_50 at PERMANENT
type=point,line,boundary,centroid layer=1 qlayer=1 option=area
units=hectares column=b_label

Updating database...

5104 categories read from map

5104 records selected from table

5104 categories read from map exist in selection from table

0 categories read from map don't exist in selection from table

5104 records updated/inserted

0 update/insert errors

Then, I changed type to area:

v.to.db map=training_area_2_x_unsupervised_class_50 at PERMANENT type=area
layer=1 qlayer=1 option=area units=hectares column=b_label

ERROR: value <area> out of range for parameter <type>
        Legal range: point,line,boundary,centroid

Best regards

Niels