[GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst smoothing parameter

Frank Broniewski liste at geo-dienstleistung.de
Wed Jan 30 03:25:20 EST 2008

Hi List,

I have some kind of probability map with a resolution of about 90m. Now I want
to resample this map for press information print. The map has some kind of
distortions where you have small areas (just a few cells) where the values
change quickly and the map looks very "turbulent".

I want to use r.resamp.rst for this purpose, and I experimented already with
the tension parameter. But this alone does not give me satisfactory results.
From the manual I take it that there is also a smoothing parameter where one
can give a smoothing raster as parameter. But I really have no clue how this
raster should look like.

Taking the vector version of r.resamp.rst one can give a number as smoothing
value which is pretty easy to understand ;-), but what kind of values are
expected for the smoothing raster? Can I just give a constant raster map as
smoothing parameter with a value of e.g. 0.1? Then why use a raster map as
parameter?

I hope someone can light up a candle for me!

Greetings Frank