Fwd: [GRASS-user] Page 37 "Open Source GIS" by Neteler & Mitasova

Matt mlpublic42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:34:50 EST 2008

From: Matt <mlpublic42 at gmail.com>
Date: Jan 28, 2008 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Page 37 "Open Source GIS" by Neteler & Mitasova
To: Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>

Thanks for the quick reply.
When I make the entries you suggest I get the following in an Application
Error box:
/usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator: to set an icon, please use -name <profile> and
set a profile icon
/usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator: to set an icon, please use -name <profile> and
set a profile icon
    while executing
"exec -- $env(GISBASE)/etc/grass-xterm-wrapper -T g.proj -n g.proj -e
$env(GISBASE)/etc/grass-run.sh g.proj -c georef=$filepath
location=$fileLocation"
    invoked from within
".fileloc.def invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .fileloc.def"
    (command bound to event)

I'm trying to learn Linux and Grass at the same time and I don't understand
the error.  I had actually tried this sequence before with the same result.
I have Ubuntu 7.10 installed and used Synaptic to install Grass 6.2.2 .