[GRASS-user] Mapserver/GRASS problem showing vector data

John Overton jd3 at renci.org
Thu Jul 10 09:33:09 EDT 2008

Hello,

I cross posted this on the mapserver mailing list, but I thought maybe
some GRASS people have seen this before.
Finally got Mapserver to build and am checking out the connection to
GRASS.  The gdal connection to display raster data works fine, but when
I try to display a vector file from GRASS I get this:

  "Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, disaster at renci.org and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Here is the URL query string
http://eno.renci.org/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/jd3/ms4w/apps/tutorial/htdocs/example1-A.map&layer=Example2&mode=map

Here is the map file I am using

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT 589980 4913700 609000 4928000
  UNITS METERS
  SIZE           400 300

LAYER
  NAME "Example2"
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION
"/home/jd3/grassdata/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector/t_tracts/head"
  DATA "1" # Layer number
  CLASS
    NAME "Example2"
    COLOR 155 155 0
  END
END

LAYER
  NAME "Example1"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  DATA "/home/jd3/grassdata/spearfish60/PERMANENT/cellhd/soils"
  CLASS NAME "Example1" # You need to have a class definition in the layer
  END
END

END

Like I said, when I use Example1, the raster layer, it works.

Here is what I receive when I do ogrinfo -ro on the vector data from the
commandline

-bash-3.00$ ogrinfo -ro
/home/jd3/grassdata/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector/t_tracts/head
Warning 1: GRASS warning: GISBASE enviroment variable was not set,
using: /usr/local/grass-6.2.3
INFO: Open of
`/home/jd3/grassdata/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector/t_tracts/head'
      using driver `GRASS' successful.
1: 0 (Line String)

Seems to work from the commandline.

Any ideas?