[GRASS-user] Looping through features...

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jul 20 14:48:10 EDT 2008

Grass users:

	I was hoping to get a jump start on an analysis that requires that I
perform a set of processes by looping through a set of poly features.
My question is -- does anyone have an example of how to do this in GRASS
(via bash scripting):

for i = 1, number of features in coverage
	extract feature i to a temporary file
	do something to feature i
end for loop

Vague enough?  My main issue is that I don't know how to query the
number of features to begin the loop in a way that's usable to bash.

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar