[GRASS-user] image to image registration

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 09:40:47 EDT 2008

Hi Wesley

Wesley Roberts wrote:
> I have a mosaiced digital aerial photograph data set and an orthorecitifed and atmospherically corrected Ikonos data set of the same area. I would like to register the Ikonos data (4m res) to the digital aerial photography (1m res). Is this task possible in Grass? If not could could someone point me towards a piece of FOSS GIS software that does.

Do you mean that your two datasets are in known, but different
co-ordinate systems? If this is your case then simply warp the Ikonos
data into the co-ordinate system of your orthophotos.

Within GRASS there's r.proj:
http://grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/r.proj.html
Outside GRASS there's gdalwarp: http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html

Cheers